Sunday, April 14, 2013

I've made a game? GridDrill!


Hey there people! I've worked on this about... 30-40 hours? Six to eight hours a day for about five days? This sounds about right. It's not much and I've wasted some time here and there. Already I know what to criticize about this project, lack of direction and maybe lack of balance?
Don't worry it's not that bad I swear
Well I'm not sure about that, it's hard to know how to balance things without people to try it out, I could probably fine-tune it myself but I'd rather have people play it first to see how things go from there. Please do send me your feedback, please? poik007@gmail.com is an address you can write at! Or my platformers.net account, or my twitters!
All the upgrades are pretty self-explanatory except "Teleport", press up to use it, it costs oil.
I also know that the graphics aren't great and that the music and sound effects were stolen from other places, if I had more time/talent/knowledge I would probably remake the music and maybe think about a better style of graphics, in my head I had nice pixel art stuff but now this looks like random ms paint stuff, which it is!
This would probably work nicely as a phone game also, it's simple and in-app-purchases friendly!
FEATURE LIST
  • Pretty casual gameplay, you try and drill down the grid to find the treasure
  • 2 endings
  • 130+ upgrades (some of which are useful)
  • 100 missions (some of which are actually beatable)
  • 80 levels procedurally generated that I can't 100% say they would work but there's not a big penalty for death so it's not a big deal right now
Also the music was stolen from
  • Dig-Dug
  • Super Mario World
  • Earthbound
  • Jurassic Park on the Gameboy
  • Mass Effect
  • Spelunker
Patch Notes
  • V0.1 : Added a button to go back to the help screen because I guess it's helpful?
  • V0.2 : Various balance changes! Now you have more oil when you view endings! You also lose less oil when drilling/moving sideways, upgrades are less costly and you get more money by completing missions!
  • V0.3: Changed all the graphics!
    • Now you need key(s) to unlock the last row and find the treasure!
    • Added a description for all the skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment